Monday, July 16, 2007

Campo Grande

It was on the Legon campus in Accra a little over three and a half years ago that I realized how beautiful trees really are. And I am not merely referring to their aesthetic presence, but also their ontological being (if that’s even how you use “ontological”). You feel me?

So very simple, so beautiful in that subtle sort of way that it took me 20 years, two decades, to recognize what has since become a source of great joy in my life.

Seriously. Think about what they teach us. Go slow. Stand firm. Whatever you become, stay grounded. Be humble and grow at your own pace. Reach for the sky, while always protecting the source of your strength.

Philosophy!

The other Sunday I was reminded of this Wisdom when me and Kana sat in Campo Grande laughing talking sharing whatever. And it was nice just being there, breathing in the shade of the trees.

Comfortable. Present. Silent. Alive.

It’s the simple things that make this life beautiful.

I’m feeling good, feeling great.

How are you?

-Amari

No comments: